Welcome to the DoCASU Project
DoCASU White paper released
Want to learn more about DoCASU? You can download this free whitepaper developed to accompany the recently published Alfresco Developer Guide. Specifically, you will walk through how we designed and built the DoCASU user interface, some of the major architectural and design drivers, the main parts of the DoCASU codebase and finally how to download and install the application on top of your own Alfresco repository. White Paper, October 2008, by Olivier Pépin and Jeff Potts. Alfresco Developer Guide Bonus Chapter - Building an Alfresco Custom User Interface - DoCASU then click on "Download PDF".
DoCASU Framework fully refactored
DoCASU has been fully refactored to make it more configurable and more extensible, introducing perspectives and plugins... Try the latest DoCASU 1.6 release now. Here is are some sample screenshots:
DoCASU is a custom User Interface (UI) for the Open Source Enterprise Content Management system Alfresco.
The current Alfresco UI has been designed to expose most of the potential of Alfresco.
This approach addresses the needs of nearly all users, including power users, but is not to comfortable for average end users.
The goal of the DoCASU project is to provide to the Alfresco Community a Custom Alfresco UI:
- with a strong focus on User eXperience (e.g. ease of use, responsiveness)
- which will be less confusing for average end users (99% vs. the 1% power users),
- which will permit a broader acceptance of the solution by a larger group of users
- and being a scalable solution based on the assembly of standard components.
Read on about the Features of DoCASU to learn more.
DoCASU is sponsored by Optaros and is the Alfresco UI of choice we're using ourselves.
We have made DoCASU available to the benefit of the Alfresco Community as well as to be able to more easily collaborate on its continued development.
We are open for input and comments. Please use the various communications methods offered (e.g. tickets), but don't hesitate to drop us an email, if you don't find an appropriate mechanism otherwise, to docasu at optaros.com.
- Main_ChoosePerspective_Feature-s.png (44.6 KB) - added by yduponchel 4 years ago.
- Main_DragDrop_Feature-s.png (44.6 KB) - added by yduponchel 4 years ago.
- Main_ChoosePerspective_Feature.png (315.8 KB) - added by yduponchel 4 years ago.
- Main_DragDrop_Feature.png (310.4 KB) - added by yduponchel 4 years ago.